Be aware that prices vary between services offered by a “professional” and an “pet lover”. Allow me to explain you the difference ;
Professional Pet Sitter:
- has a local business license, if required
- has his or her own business insurance & bonding
- asks client to complete a service contract
- has pet-care training and/or certified in feline & canine behaviors
- your pets are his or her priority, and career!
Hobby Pet Sitter
- is not an actual business, usually simply posts on a “pet sitters” website or app
- may not have any insurance coverage
- asks pet owners to email quick details about pets only
- may love pets, but has not pursued ongoing education or certifications related to pet care
- offers pet care as a side gig or way to earn extra money and is not pursuing a career in pet sitting.
It’s up to you to make the right decision that will ensure you peace of mind while you’re away .